Monday, January 24, 2011

AKB48

After working 20+ hours straight for some crazy work proposal (on a Sunday!), I arrived home at around 8am. My television was pointed at the J2 channel. That was when I saw the amazing music video featuring beautiful Japanese girls in macho military uniforms. The song was good too, but that's secondary. I didn't know the name of the song but I remembered hearing River River River. So after I slept a couple of hours and woke up at 5pm, I tried searching for it on Google and Youtube.

Somehow, as I was watching this video for the second time, I realized something. AKB48 stands for 48 girls in the band, I assume. That is a huge number for a group. I also assume that this band will soon shrink in size to a more manageable number like 12, because 48 is just too much supply. That means 36 of the girls will be packing home and going off to find a new career path. But I'm sure that out of these 36 girls, none of them will regret for their time spent as singers/dancers. Even though initially they may be upset that their performing careers have ended so fast, they will still treasure the moment because it means something to them.

Then I thought about my life, with the good times and the bad. I always wanted to erase my bad memories, somehow. But, after watching this video, I realize that I should treasure them instead. The bad times have made me stronger and turned me to the man I am today.

No comments: