Monday, November 29, 2010

Skullcandy TiTAN

Well, let's see, I haven't been too active on this blog lately. So even though I don't have much to talk about, I'll write this lame entry on Skullcandy TiTAN in-ear headphones. I'm also going to write more on this blog so that scouts from magazines can "discover" me, like scouts "discover" models in a shopping mall.
So back to topic now. A while ago, I researched on some in-ear headphones because I suspected that my old ones weren't high quality enough. At first, I wanted to buy the Monster Turbine with Control Talk because the design is just so cool. The reviews were good, the jack connection was gold-plated and L-shaped, the wires were handsomely arranged using wire organizers, and I heard that the audio quality is great, especially the bass. Unfortunately, the hefty price tag of $1480 at HMV really made me think for some time.

It made me think for so long that one day, I bought the Skullcandy TiTAN instead. I thought, what the hell, why do I need to buy the best headphone, when a not so shabby $299 one may do just fine. Considering that my old earphones were only $79, $299 is already a considerable upgrade. And, as you can see from the picture, wearing this out on the streets is already well above average amongst the iPhone earphones. The only thing that bothered me were the aluminum-braided cables because they just keep on tangling up, like koalas hugging onto each other. At one point I wanted to exchange it, but after finding out I can't, I gave in. Besides the cable, the audio quality is pretty good. The bass is good. With these earbuds, I can hear a lot more "hidden" sounds that my old Sony's could not pick up.
 
So, that's my review. Hope you enjoyed it and I'll see you guys next time!

No comments: